Monday, February 9, 2009

The Newest Info

So, we are going to the hospital tomorrow in hopes to take our baby girl home. That is right the docs say she is ready. I am so happy yet very nervous. Taking care of a newborn is one thing, but now to take home a baby that is on a wound regimen and knowing that we have to watch for her shunt, her back closure and kidneys- its a little overwhelming, but so worth it. I know, I talk in circles these days.
She is the most precious little angel and we have been so blessed to be have been given a gift like her. I am amazed daily at how lucky Scott & I are when I look at our daughters, I can already see some similiarities in them as well as many differences! Like Aubree when she was a baby, Everlee is an eater, one of the reasons she is coming home so soon. She loves nursing, so I see myself being "tied up" for a while. Everlee also got one of Aubree's dimples!!! I love it! She is very strong, but we already knew that, the nurses keep thinking she is going to walk herself out of NICU- and people thought walking might be an issue... I don't think so! She is very demanding when she doesn't get the attention she wants- I am thinking she got that from Scott, he, he!:) Aubree is so proud to be a big sister, she wants to wear her "I'm a Big Sister" shirt everday. I am so happy to have my family and soon we will all be at home together.

Another quick update on Everlee's progress. As I said before all surgeries went very well. Her Spine Closure surgery on Monday was a total success, although they did go back in on Friday to tighten up the stitches to ensure no spinal fluid leakage. Friday's Brain Shunt Surgery again was another huge success, the swelling in her ventricules went down immediatly- so that was awesome. She does have some reflux into her kidneys which we will have to monitor, she will remain on antibiotics for at least this next year to help avoid infection. Her feet look great no sign of clubbing, they are just really big!:)

Thanks to everyone for your constant support and words of encouragement, this has been such a crazy & exhausting week but it really went as well as it could, if not better. Thank you to all of our family & friends that have been there during this time. We have had so much help with watching Aubree and visitors at the hospital. thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! We love you all and can't wait for you all to meet the newest addition to the Leyva Family.

We will keep you updated on her progress and as soon I get settled at home again I will get her pics posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear all is well. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Love Kari Weber and family

Jaymi said...

What wonderful news! We keep thinking of you guys every day! I hope you get to bring your baby girl home soon! Lots of Love!
The Martin Family